Published by Addison-Wesley, 2004.
Gregor Hohpe is currently a technical director in Google Cloud's Office of the CTO.
More at Wikipedia.
There is an excellent website for the book.
A 2016 interview with the authors on IEEE Software. A Decade of Enterprise Integration Patterns: A Conversation with the Authors. PDF is available.
Presentation by Gregor at YOW Singapore Conference 2017
Integration styles and typesThe book distinguishes four top-level alternatives for integration:
- File Transfer
- Shared Database
- Remote Procedure Invocation
The following integration types are introduced:
- Information Portal
- Data Replication
- Shared Business Function
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Distributed Business Process
- Business-to-Business Integration
- Tightly Coupled Interaction vs. Loosely Coupled Interaction
The graphic icons used in the patterns are also freely available from different sources.
- Visio Stencils
Some additional graphics notes here.
- Gregor's Ramblings (Gregor Hohpe till 2017)
- The Architect Elevator (Gregor Hohpe from 2017)
- Claus Ibsen Riding the Camel
Enterprise Integration Patterns are implemented in many open source integration solutions.
Commercial MOM Message Queuing Services in the cloud include